As COVID-19 vaccinations continue as part of the effort to achieve herd immunity in Virginia, the Virginia Department of Health and the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association have partnered to produce four videos that feature health care providers answering common questions about vaccinations.
Each of the minute-long videos feature providers answering commonly asked questions about:
- The process of developing the vaccines now being administered
- Vaccine safety and effectiveness
- Common side effects
- Concerns and skepticism among communities of color regarding vaccine equity
- Vaccine prioritization among designated populations of vulnerable Virginians and essential workers
- Vaccine availability
- The public and personal health importance of getting the vaccine
- The importance of continuing to abide by safety precautions such as mask wearing even after being vaccinated, and more.
The videos can be accessed online, , , and .
The videos are also highlighted on the VDH COVID Community Ambassadors Program .