Elk Run Church Mini-Museum at 12187 Elk Run Road. 

Although the Elk Run Anglican Church Mini-Museum is closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, a new, updated website has been created to share some of the displays, collections and artifacts of the 1700s southern Fauquier frontier area and the 1750 church site. 



At the website offers a detailed report on the archaeological process at the site and a 10-minute documentary.  

Also to be seen are artifacts from the Manahoac Indian tribe. which occupied the site before European settlers; an explanation of the relationship of the church to the nearby Germantown settlement; highlights of the Anglican Church in colonial Virginia, and information about Chief Justice John Marshall. 

“We hope that Fauquier County residents, students and tourists will find the updated website a useful tool, and that it will help foster an appreciation of local history,” said Ed Dandar, who has led the effort to preserve and share the historic site at Elk Run since 1999. “We will welcome visits to the museum once the pandemic is over.” 

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.