WARRENTON - Parents can sign children up for kindergarten in Fauquier County April 15 through April 19.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 30, are eligible for kindergarten, according to a release from Fauquier County Public Schools.
Parents can visit the schools at which their children will attend kindergarten between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. during the registration period. Parents don't need to bring their children during registration, but must bring them to kindergarten orientation, held at a later date for each school.
Parents can use an attendance zone locator service on the school's website
to find which school their child should attend.
Parents must bring the following documents to register their children:
· a photo ID of parent/guardian,
· the child’s immunization record,
· a certified copy of child’s original birth certificate,
· the child’s Social Security number,
· and two forms of proof of residency (housing contract, rental agreement, property tax bill or utility bill). A driver’s license is not acceptable proof of residency.
Pre-school physical examinations will be required prior to official enrollment in August. Parents can pick up the necessary forms at registration.
School phone numbers:
Parents who need help in a language other than English to register their child may call Laura Hoover at (540) 422-7024 or Paola Padró at (540) 422-7118.